Visiting "The Orme" next weekend

Hi, I'll be at the weekend retreat in Caernarfon next weekend so was thinking of visiting 'The Orme' to watch the PSSA lads, not flying myself (probably 30+ years since I last flew on a slope!)

Could anyone give me an idea about times, parking and any other info a visitor might find useful ... please?

Thanks

Edited By avtur on 26/05/2014 13:10:17

Advert

Hiya avtur, will be great to see you up there - we welcome visitors/spectators and you will be made most welcome.

The long term forecast is suggesting winds from the SW so we will be parked at the 'Tank Track' car park on the NW side of the Orme - if you head for the pier in Llandudno then take the Orme's coastal toll road (Marine Drive) around the Orme's perimeter you will find the car park on the left hand side after a miles drive or so, just after you've passed the 'Rest and Be Thankful' café on your right. There's plenty of parking space up there and its just 100m or so from the slope, so ideally suited. We'll be there both days from 10am and we tend to fly until 7pm on the Saturday and later on the Sunday assuming the conditions are still fit...

If you arrive after 10am either day there will be a little PSSA sign helping you with the final turn to the car park.

More details can be found HERE on the PSSA site, any more questions do give me a call (my phone details are on the PSSA site)

see you next weekend, best regards

Phil Cooke

Edited By Phil Cooke on 26/05/2014 13:50:45

Well I'm in Caernarfon for the weekend, weather is looking good ... well sort of ... great for being on holiday with the family but for once not that windy here !

According to XC Weather the winds at Llandudno tomorrow are forecast to be around 7-8 mph from the NW ... hope that's enough for plenty of folks.

Just finished sorting the models and charging the batteries!

Finally got the Tx programmed for the MB339! I have set up flaperons but not sure if its going to need any elevator compensation so will have to try it at height then dial some in when landed!

Only brining a few models with me as I simply havn't had the opportunity to service them all since the house move!

So loaded in the car is the Wildthing, Phoenix2000, OV10 Bronco and of course, the MB339!

See you all in the morning!

Dave

laugh

Hi Tim,

Sorry I didn't give you credit as pilot in command ... I didn't know who was who ... I was a first time visitor to "The Orme"

I think your relaxed under arm launch was a brilliant ... none of this running forward, stopping and then throwing ... just a casual under arm 'release' and off it went.

In flight you provided a great display including some wonderful low level passes in front of the slope. I also noted you did a great PR job talking to members of the public who were drawn to your flying ....

I also met and spoke to David Gilder, it was great to put a name to a face ... and impressive to see the paint job on "Al Fursan" ...

I hope the weather provides a bit more 'blow' tomorrow ...

Thanks for the kind words Avtur ( we need your real name mate smiley ) and hey, dont be a stranger just come up and chat - none of the PSS lads bite laugh - Yes Dave has done a great job on the aermacchi

If you come tomorrow, be sure to say hi and introduce yerself.

We are hoping for some more wind tomorrow, but hey ho - still a fab day out on the beautiful great orme.

Tim, real name Paul ... probably feeling a bit nervous among such experienced company ... 

Sadly I couldn't make a return visit on Sunday, although I suspect the wind was slightly better on Sunday.

However I know there was some serious camera equipment there on Saturday so I hope someone can post some good pictures of what we saw on Saturday.

Edited By avtur on 01/06/2014 22:36:19