This weekend 26-27 Apr

Well went down the patch and spent a lot of the afternoon cutting the grass - some flights inbetween with the Sebart Katana. We've got a new ride on lawn mower so it was quite fun - I had a strange urge take a detour down the pit area and mow the models.........

Forgot my camera unfortunately. Nasa Steve dunked his ezefan just as I was leaving.  

A lovely day which is just as well given tomorrows forecast.

I went to the Orme ( visa ASDA to collect the Iawnski crew ) but the weather obviously kept the namby pamby crew in their nice warm beds. With all main lights and foglights at full power, I made way up to the summit ( good job I know the way as the road all but disappeared half way up ! Well I dont know what stopped all the slopers turning up - perhaps it was the heavy rain, low cloudbase, almost nil visibility, and flatcalm 0mph windspeed...but me and the goats had a good 20 minutes with a holy cow!

Here's the pictures I promised, first the cow, then billy modelling his latest Kashmir overcoat and "kid" gloves

/sites/3/images/member_albums/25339/holy_cow_0.JPG

/sites/3/images/member_albums/25339/group.jpg

/sites/3/images/member_albums/25339/billy.jpg

/sites/3/images/member_albums/25339/kid.jpg

hey tim got up this morning at 530 after going to my sisters wedding home at 0130 this morning/looked out the window and thought weres there summer /anyway had me early breaky andpacked the van and waited for rain and mist to go but it didnt .phoned the gang up and it was decided to give it a miss/so were did me and ers indoors go ?you guessed it retail theraphy for a few hours /any way home now /been in touch with gang trying to get out 2 nite fingers x /looks loke ill have to eat them sticky buns myself tim yum yum /b in touch iawnski crew boss

Iawnski davies wrote (see)
hey tim got up this morning at 530 after going to my sisters wedding home at 0130 this morning/looked out the window and thought weres there summer /anyway had me early breaky andpacked the van and waited for rain and mist to go but it didnt .phoned the gang up and it was decided to give it a miss/so were did me and ers indoors go ?you guessed it retail theraphy for a few hours /any way home now /been in touch with gang trying to get out 2 nite fingers x /looks loke ill have to eat them sticky buns myself tim yum yum /b in touch iawnski crew boss
Excuses Excuses ah well at least I got to eat all the stickies m'self - I took a box full for the crew !

A very nice day was had at Fort William MFC's Sunday site. Three members had planes up, one came for the chat. I took my newly completed "Panic" along to run in the OS 55AX I fitted. Wow, I lifted it to test the pull from the 12x6 Graupner wide blade combo and thought that something was caught in the ground when i went to pull it back a bit.

The power from the combo easily outperforms my Irvine .61 fitted models. The second tankfull had it feeling like I was pulling back on a brick wall , I guess it will go vertical  I shall wait for a less breezy day to find out.

Well i was going to try and fly both my Ripmax Xclaim and my Never before flown Seagull Edge 540

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/bsmk89/P4260002.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/bsmk89/P4260004.jpg

but unfortunatly for me BOTH my fuel tanks had split and i filled the planes with fuel, but the good news is that the fuel didnt get any further than the fuel tank bay and they have dried out nicely.