Hobby King Tracking

Erfolg

I have just logged onto HK with the aim of finding out what has happened to a order.

I found this message

Watch your order live in IE8
Add this as a web
slice by clicking
on the top left icon.
IE8 users only.
Updates occur every 60 minutes.

Where is the top left? or what is at the top left?

Advert

Posted by Erfolg on 03/07/2014 13:57:46:

Where is the top left?

Its on the left at the top, opposite bottom right cheeky

Seriously though, I doubt you are using IE8 as its old now, I think the current is IE11 ?

Just go into your account, above where it says what you pasted it says CHECK in blue, click that, and then it will show all your orders, there will be a blue code next to your order, sometimes clicking that takes you to tracking site where you copy and paste the blue code into, also I often copy and paste it into parcel force`s track and trace website which tells me if its got here yet etc

Hi Chris

Strangely came across this post yesterday, some how missed it before.

My previous Lipo purchase from HK was well over 40 days, so although I accept that there are delays from the smoke bombs/generators, is suspect it is an aspect of Post Malaysia. I now expect a much longer delay as a consequence of the issue.

For me it indicates that I will need to investigate other strategies in ordering Lipos from the EU Depots, that is cost effective relative to the Lipo purchase cost.

You could always do as I do, Erf, and let a model accidently slip into the cart at the same timesmile

Having said that, with a standard postal charge of $8.99, I think that compares quite favourably with postage from most other retailers, UK or otherwise.

Another method of cutting costs is to browse the Buddy Codes and see if what you are looking for is on discount at the moment. I've just put some BC's up for Lipos from the EU store - don't know if they'll be what you're looking for...

If you login to HK first, then use the links in that post, you should get the price reduction coming up on the page. You can only take advantage of one BC per transaction, BTW...

Pete

I take the gist of the idea.

Although I generally like scratch building. I guess my orders for Lipos will be multiples or anticipate the need a lot earlier. The anticipation strategy probably is in practical, as often the requirement for a replacement is not recognised until i need it. I am building a kit at the moment, which has been a surprise, in the methods of construction used differ widely from how I have come to build, so may buy another kit, just because it is a different experience.

In my case, which is probably the same as yourself, the LMS is 10 or miles away, nor do they have any real stock. Going there costs more in money and time than the mail order route, then i have been frequently disappointed, having to settle for a compromise, or even pay an arm and a legangry 2 for some very low cost item, or just as bad, going away with nothing.

• 2 months later...

UK - Log in to account, and click on your name at top left of screen. This will take you to your orders screen. find the order you are after and it should have 4 green ticks highlighting that it has been shipped. There will be a code underneath the green ticks starting with 2 letters. Type that code into parcel forces track and trace yes

baz