14SG

Keith Evans 3

My wing configuration is 1AIL 1FLP this is not an option in their aircraft type selection. The nearest is 2 AIL 1 FLP. With this set up I can't get the flaps to operate although the ailerons are working fine.Both ailerons are connected by a Y lead into Channel 1.Simillarly the 2 flap servo's are connected into channel 6.There are no more channels available in the receiver a R7008SB . I can get this requirement to work quite easily on my 6EX. What do I need to do to get the flaps to work? Help please !!!!

Advert

• 8 months later...

I updated my friends 14 sg a while back, you don'r just copy the download file to the SD card, you have to download and unzip the file pn your PC run the T14sgUpdate.exe this will then add the correct update to your SD card (whicj should have been formatted in the 14 sg). then put it in the Tx and next time it starts, holding down the relevant buttons as you switch on, it will update.

Note if when I did my friends (because he uses a Mac not a PC) you have to do the update and then the voice separately.

Not as easy an update process as my MPX Profi but if you follow the instructions on the Ripmax page it does work OK.

Also note this will bring the Tx inline with the latest EU 2.4 specs introduced in Jan this year, if you are using the Frsky FASST Rxs you'll also need to update those too (Futaba ones are OK).

Edited By Frank Skilbeck on 14/03/2015 07:59:46

Edited By Frank Skilbeck on 14/03/2015 08:22:49

Frank I have followed your info, but no luck, I went to the Ripmax and found out I needed to hold down the Home button on the tx while swiching on, ...ok that done, the tx screen then tells me that no card inserted.angry 2... perhaps a faulty card, altho it records pictures ok

does this upgrade affect tx's bought in Aus??

Thanks for ya time

Barry

Barry, I'm not an expert on the 14sg, I've only done a previous update for a friend because he has an Apple Mac that won't run Futaba's update utility which is required to load the files onto an SD card which has been freshly formatted in the tx. When you say your Tx says no SD card installed have you tried to format it in the transmitter.

The update is a worldwide update I think, but it maybe that Futaba have two versions, one for Europe that not only updates the programming but also brings it inline with the new EU regs and one for other parts of the world that haven't adopted the new EU 2.4 standards. If you are in Aus you'd need to check with the Futaba distributor there, but if you bought it in Aus and then brought it back to the UK you should be able to do the EU update from the Ripmax site.