Another Nijhuis 72" Spitfire

Unfortunately I have just totalled it. I took off and as I was turning cross wind the motor seemed to cut. I tried to play with the throttle as it seemed to still be running. I was downwind and thought the motor was about to stop so I started to turn towards the field and dropped the u/c. I must have been too slow as she spun in.

Looking at the wreckage, it seems the ball joint on the throttle servo had come off (the nut was missing and the snake was not connected to the servo). That would explain why it went to idle. I had fitted a new 2mm bolt yesterday but didnt use loctite!

I doubt if I will rebuild it as it would need a new fuselage.

Anyone want to buy some Unitracts?

Herri

• 10 months later...

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I posted anything because I have had a distinct lack of time to do anything lately. I did pick this up about a month ago and have build the tailplane and stabilisers and joined the fuselage.

The only problem is that when I joined the fuselage I think I must have got the positioning of f4 slightly out somehow because by the time you get to the back of the fuselage the left hand side sits about 5mm lower than the right hand side crying (it doesn't appear to be an issue before f4 and gets gradually more pronounced the further back from f4 you get).

I'm thinking I probably need to cut F4 out and replace it but would welcome any suggestions on the best way to do this as I have a feeling that expoy isn't doing to shift very easily!

Cheers

Dan