Hobby King web site

GONZO

On my PC I use Vista and IE9. For the past week or so the HK site home page, or any page, does not display correctly. All other sites I visit or have visited are OK and display correctly. If I use Google Chrome the HK site is OK. I do not wish to change to GC.

Any ideas or have HK changed something making IE9 not compatable?

Thanks.

Advert

Update; Just tried my lap top, which I rarely use, and get the same problem. But, only on the HK site. Changing 'compatability mode' has no effect on either machine. All other sites are OK. Software is the same on the laptop as the desk PC. Looks to me as HK have changed something.

Any other ideas?

Update 2; Just found a small message hidden in the jumble telling me to update IE. But, IE9 is the highest you can use with Vista. Not likely that I'm going to buy a new OS(or PC/laptop) just to see HK. So, it looks like I will be forced into using GC for HK.

Has no one else had this problem?

Looks as if they have made some changes - on Firefox the pages default to a larger text setting than before and the 'orders' page has been re-formatted.

You could try clearing the IE cache on both machines and see if that helps - it might be trying to load the new format onto an older stored page.

Of course, the preferred solution is to kick any version of IE into touch and use a decent browser, such as Firefox...wink 2

Pete

Spent all day faffing around trying to come up with a solution to this problem. nerd

It seems that Microsoft are no longer updating Internet Explorer for Vista. Vista can only handle Internet Explorer ver.9 and Microsoft are now on ver.11 which most web sites are changing over to. Unfortunately, Vista has about a year of support left. The only way to view more and more updated web pages will be to change your browser to Firefox or Google Chrome or buy an expensive update to Windows 7 or 8. sad

I have installed Firefox and everything is back to normal for me. smiley