Magnatilla setup

Near enough

I am reletively new to the hobby and bedn using rtf kits and supplied motor and cells.in a moment of madness I thought I would try building just to pass the time and I must admit to really enjoying so far.i have no idea in propersequence which as caused probs the main one coming now,having built thd forward fuse and now realising its good enough to fit out.so I have to retro fit to suit elec,so I first need to know what cells I need so I cN make a hatch and retainig system.i havd a couple of 5s 4000 mah packs I would like to use.if I go that route does that mean I would not be able to use 4 and 6 cell if 5 sas not right.i havd read where people go up a cell or drop down if not right.but I have no idea on ghe motor I should choose to do yhis.out my depth here chaps.

Advert

I converted my Magnatilla from ic to electric 7 or 8 years ago. Power is detailed in this thread . If you use 5s you'll need a lower kv motor with lower kv, probably around 700kv, in order to use a big enough prop. You might find that a 5s 4000 leaves the model a bit nose heavy, though I've not found the Maggie critical regarding cg. When mine was glow powered I once accidentaly flew it with the glow stick still in place, amazingly it didn't come loose, even during a few loops & rolls, before I realised & quickly landed. I'm actually thinking of using 4s 2650s in mine as it could do with new batteries & due to a mishap with my Druine Akrobat I've got a few of these looking for employment.

BTW I got around using a battery hatch by utilising the original fuel tank space & accessing it through a cut away section in the large cowl. The cut away is similar that seen in many WW1 aircraft including the Fokker Eindecker. There's a number of photos of the conversion in my photo album, click the link under my avatar if you want to have a look.