Newbie from West Mids

Andrew Cade

Hey, Im looking at getting the eflite apprentice with SAFE for my birthday. I live in the middle of no where and my nearest neighbour is about 100 meters away at least. To the rear is a massive field which the farmer only uses for grass and sheep. My closest club is about 10/15 miles and they seem to be more glider orinatated.

Whats your opionon on the aircraft I am thinking of getting?

Advert

I fly at Montford Bridge Andrew, it's about seven miles away from the middle of Shrewsbury. We fly i/c aircraft on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 10.00 onwards whenever the weather is reasonable and we get a fair sized crowd on those days. Silent flight models may be flown on any day, including the i/c days and there's usually a fair turn out of electric flight enthusiasts most Fridays.

Why not just turn up and introduce yourself or send me a PM if you're shy?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Andrew,

I have the Apprentice S and can recommend it as a great trainer. I would however recommend you go for the RTF complete with DX5e rather than the BNF. I've heard many tales of difficulty binding or getting the controls right.

The only problem I had with mine was the rudder breaking off mid flight. Sounds bad, but i still got it down and now I've reinforced it with some carbon rods.

As a first off trainer it might be a bit heavy and powerful. If you've never flown before something like an Easystar or Bixler is good for learning orientation with a more crash friendly package.

I'm self taught, and believe me it's quite possible to teach yourself with help from youtube, a large park, and lots of patience.