Kit advice please

Hi all, first time posting, old time flier. Its about 20 years since I last flew regularly at Ivinghoe Beacon. Now moved to Somerset to retire and have Crooks Peak just round the corner. I'm getting the itch to spend some newly acquired free time to get another model to build over winter. The last ones I had were a Veron Vortex 100s and a 3 channel Middle Phase. Things seem to have changed a bit since the last time I was on the scene. A lot of foam construction and electric gliders around. Not too keen on these, although I'm up for conversion if my thinking is out of date.

I only want the one model if possible, 2 - 3 metre span, fibre-glass fuselage and built up wing preferably with ailerons/flaps and air brakes. It needs to be capable of aerobatics. Not much of a tall order eh? Compromises considered lol.

Any ideas, Thanks in advance.

PS Would prefer not to need a remortgage to buy it either. Limited funds etc

Advert

I know you said build up wing, but take a look a Arthobby Odyssey.

Foan core wing covered with poppel Wood and much stronger than a build wing, and slope and thermal tow and DS realy well.

I have now flown mine for 139 hours.

It will do all aerobatic exept spin, devil

More Odyssey 2,7 here:
Perfekt all round glider ...
Cheers
Soren