Free Plan of the Mini Lec Roo

Dave Potter

Hi folks, I have just brought the Model World with the free plan of the Miini Lec Roo and i would like to build it. The only thing that bothers me is the motor it's a JP 3000 KV (200-400W and the only one i can find is on flee bay. Can anyone of you guys tell me what would take it's place with the same power Its must run on a 2200 mAh 3S,

Thanks every one for any help,

Dave,,,,

Advert

hi

I have already 1/2 built mine out of depron , like I did . the Can Doo , and I am using a Mystery 2836 1700 kv on a 7x4 .( quiet and fast )

same set up as on my Easy Streets , on a 2200 3s , an excellent combo I think The motor and esc used to be £11 post free on ebay !!!

cheers

the choice of motors for the Mini Roo must be infinite ,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If I go to the "link" I get the ic powered Roo ???

I will try and get a vid of my leccy Roo when our camera man returns ,

I would say 3000 kv is too high , the mini Roo is quite big , My Zagi , wild wing Fun jet , all have high KV motors in the region of 3000 , 4 to 5 inch props , where as this one I personally feel needs a 7 to 8 " prop .

It flies very well but I did have to move the CG 2 inches back from where the plan puts it , so I ended up shortening the nose . But in a slight wind you can "parachute " the landing , other wise the rest of the club says its fast ?

There again its depron quick build and would not win any beauty contests

cheers

Ah I understand ,

My power set up , the 1700 kv on an 7x4 is quiet , I use it on my Easy Street and House of balsa P51 and folk remark on how quiet they are .

My Migs however on 2200 kv on 6x3 are very noisy , equal or more that my EDFs.

Hope this helps .

cheers

I will try to do a vid which will have the "noise " on !!!

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/mystery-d2836-1700-1700rpm-v-rc-helicopter-outrunner-brushless-motor.html

this is the one I use , but not from this source , I only put it on to show the spec ,

It will not be as fast as the Pukka Vid shows , but it wont be slow !!

cheers

I would think anywhere 1400 to 18oo KV would give a positive result !!

cheers

Hi guys, I have just brought myself a JP energy brushless 400race 2700kv 828-25 but there is no information with it. Can anyone tell me what prop i will need and speed controller. It will be going in my Mini Lec Roo with 2200 lipo. The flying wing comes from the free plan from RCM@ E

Thanks for any information on this motor.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 06/01/2015 18:20:06

I've moved your motor post over to this thread, Dave, as the guys here are likely to be able to help.

I'm not sure that inrunner motor will be suitable, TBH. With a kV of 2700, that will mean something like 29000RPM on a 3S pack. You'll be turning a very small prop with that....

Recommended ESC is 28A, according to the spec in the link.

Pete

Hi guys, It's me again. Thanks for all the information, I'm now going for a 1700kv. My Mini Lec Roo weighs just under 2lb thats with battery. What watts will i need with a 1700kv. Sorry I keep asking these silly question but i have aways flown ic,so electric is new to me.

Thanks once again….

Very few silly questions ever posted here, Dave - some odd answers, perhaps!

Making the transition to thinking leccy isn't easy, as I and many others know all too well...... teeth 2

Pete W seems to have the motor sussed. 300W on a 2lb model will give you 150W/lb, which is enough for a very spirited performance. The spec of the 1700kV motor shows a max of 28A and you'll be close to that on 3S - 300w/11.1v=27A.

Shouldn't be problem, though - use a 40A ESC to give it a bit of headroom. Pete's suggestion for a 7x4 prop is probably about the mark but it's worth investing in a wattmeter to keep everything within bounds.

Hopefully Pete will be back soon to confirm....thumbs up

Pete

Hi Guys, thanks for all the information you have posted for me.I'm going to run the 3000kv inrunner first in my garden, as I have brought it all ready, just to see how noise it is. If it's to loud then it will be over to the 1700kv

Once again guys, thanks for everything. I'm sure i will be back soon with some other silly questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHDPDo9oJ1s

Not quite the day for a vid , and not as quiet , maily due to the loose Lipo !!!!

but a fun day

F27 £5 from the Nats

F16 £10 fron swap meet ( Loughbro )

good value for a fun afternoon

cheers

Edited By Pete Willbourn on 11/01/2015 20:11:42

thanks Graham D for your comments on our vid .

The reason for the underneath hand launch due to 2 reasons .

the first is that I am treating my Roo as a bit experimental , might put rudders on later !! thats why it does not have a colour scheme !!

secondly yesterday was windy , BBC said 18mph but more like 12-15 .and with the vicious turbulence off the nearby factories , I thought it was the safer option .

But apart from that , I liked your original design , and the mini Roo fitted my quick build flat plate depron idil , so I have given it a wizz , and as you can see its very "flyable " so thanks for that .

Mine , fuz wise is very minimalistic, just enough room for the essentials and nothing else , The wings and the fins are as your plan

cheers ,