Building a Druine Trubulent kit by Precedent

Advert

Hi yes have loads of pictures. unfortunatley they are old school 35 mm, not digital. so going to be a problem loading them.

Is there a particular colour scheme you will be doing. please let me know

I am on my second one now as I sold PNZ, I can confirm they both fly well on a old Saito 120.

Bert

Oddly enough, I sometimes use my old Nikon F2.Photomic. I have the film developed and put on CD's. I then load them on my MAC. I have actually carried over 300 old negs. to be put on disk. I have another 5000 I would like to have done. This would help with storage problems.

I have not thought about picking a color. Either, yellow or orange (both being easier to see when flying) will probably be my choice. I do like the white one shown in your photo. I would imagine white is easy to see in the air.

I finally made copies of my plans yesterday. I am looking toward late Nov. or early Dec. to start construction. I have a really good Saito 1.20 that I will use. I have already begun studing the 1/2 size copy of my plans to see any "pitfalls" I might encounter. The plans seem very complete. The only thing I have seen that will be somewhat difficult will be forming the wing slats.

Jim

I am currently (slowly) building a model of G-ARMZ, I chose this aircraft as I thought it would be easy to see in the air. I went to the Tiger Club to take pictures of the full size and I have around 100 pictures, most of them close-ups so I could reproduce all the scale details. If anyone needs a picture of a specific area let me know.

g-armz_01.jpg

Bert,

I got up from my lazy fanny and opened the kit to inspect the parts. I have had this kit for over 2 years and never taken the parts out of the box. I have only looked at the plans. I found the slots. The hard part has already been done. Only ourside shaping needs to be completed. It will not be too hare with my 36" sanding block. Thanks for taking the photos.

Cessna,

thanks for the offer of photos of the full scale. I really would like some shots of the tail control horn and skip. Do you have a good shot of, the dashboard, motor, brakes, and maybe the wing slots. Do the slots function? What I mean is are they fixed on the full scale ort do they open and close based on speed?

Does the kit wing build with a little wash-out?

The yellow G-ARMZ looks great. The yellow would really be a good color for ease of sight when in the air. Thanks to both of you for the trouble. This sort of help will certainly make an easier build.

When I'm finished with building I will have the only Turbi in the whole south-east USA I think I am already the only person I am aware of that flys SINGLE-STICK. Mine is a Multiplex 3030. I had it modified by the Multiplex service people when I bought it. Best set I have ever owned.

Jim, Columbus, Georgia USA

I picked some ot the Dubro wheels yesterday. I already have the pump. We had a Southern War Birds meet at a field that also has one of the largest R/C dealers in the south-east US sitting within 100 yds. of the flight line. Just going to a fly in can get expensive but it is really great to be able to stock-up without doing mail order. I try to leave the Visa at home and just carry a limited amount of cash.

Jim

Cessna, thanks for the photos. They will be a big help. The panel is beautiful. Is it a kit? I especially like the crackle finish on the panel. I now have a much better understanding of the slots. I was thinking they worked automatically. Would it be possibe for me to mail you a thumb drive with return postage? I would like to get a copy of all of the photos of the full scale. I doubt there is a full scale ship anywhere in the US. I really do not want you to go to a lot of trouble.

Thanks again,

Jim