Seagull Edge 540 v2 180

Hi all

I've just bought my seat a seagull edge 540 v2 180 size and have to say I'm a little disappointed with the build quality and materials used. I'm no expert as this is only my 3rd plane. Started with a max thrust riot, then moved on the a acro wot nitro and have now just upgraded again. The fusalarge seems very light and week? Is this normal for this size plane? The Bala and ply are so thin I'm afraid to fick it up. The fire wall up front seems dead thin and week also, not sure that it would hold the weight of a DLE30.

Can anyone please comment as to if this is normal as I've not had too many models to compare against. Also would any additional bracing be beneficial or nesasery?

Any advise and guidance would be great.

Advert

I have a old Flair Edge 540. Belonged to someone else who, when flying it the fuselage and tail broke away. Was damaged badly - he gave it to me and I fixed it. Flew it for years and still have it - I made it better when I repaired it and put a bigger engine in it - a OS108 BGX-1.

I have a smaller Seagull 540 and that flies well, and more than strong enough for what it's meant for.

14 3 013.jpg

have done same around wing tube , cant see undercarriage & cant remember....gave up with choke, now squirt fuel in via tube. hope that helps......

there is a pic of tube in my album and a post on here somewhere....

Edited By iqon on 24/10/2014 20:49:15

Thanks for the picture. What have you used on the bulk head? Some sort of tape? I'm sure mine is fine. Im just a bit worried as it feels and looks very thin and light weight? My Acrowot feels a lot more sturdy. I just assumed all planes would be the same.

Edited By Craig thomas 1 on 24/10/2014 20:57:29