JP Samurai Electric Glider or something else . . .

David Pearce 4

I've been looking for an electric glider and wondered if anyone has experience of the Samurai?

I don’t want a foamy and I want ailerons. Something for long lazy flights from our field with light aerobatics but not a “hotliner”. I've also looked at the Seagull 2000 but am put off by the hideous colour scheme and lack of rudder.

Has anybody had a Samurai or have other recommendations? I’d class myself as intermediate skills and I don’t want to go too far over £120.

Thanks
David

• 9 months later...
Advert

I bought a samurai about 4 months ago from a fellow club member and must admit after the first flight it immediately became my favourite plane! I'm a little confused as to where you are going to find one, E scale stopped production about 4 years ago but if you can find one you will find them very highly regarded. I certainly wouldn't sell mine for twice the price I paid. .Be aware that the esc/ motor can burn out if you attempt to use 3s batteries. (ask me how I know) Kevin.

Thanks Ted,I did a lot of reading on RC groups where its passing was mourned! I never realised production had restarted. Must say I'm delighted and will be saving for the new version(just in case).I did notice that the motor size has changed from the supplied original which was a C28/29 to a recommended C28/20. I know from experience that the 28/29 is impossible to get hold of.

David have a search on both You tube and RC groups you'll find heaps of information. Kevin