Phoenix 5v

John Morrall

Hi Guys - After reading posts about simulators & Phoenix, as a newbie coming into winter. I have obtained Phoenix 5. Having read previously that 5 is not as realistic as 4 has given me some concerns regarding it's usefulness in providing a degree of training ? I would advise that so far I have set up to use for a Blade 35oqx quad, which I have in fact ordered & a Hobbyzone Delta Ray, which I'm interested in buying. With version 5, both of these have proven to fly quite easily on the simulator - Too easily given my lack of experience. The other day I had a screen message that updates were available, so did a download (5 v) & there is now a tangible difference in the flying characteristics, so I'm wondering if this issue has been addressed? As a novice, I myself lack the knowledge to comment & would appreciate any opinion from your good selves, as to the realism of this latest update & the value as a training aid?.

Advert

Hi John. I also have Phoenix 5V. There is a function under edit model that enables you to increase the difficulty of each model but at the end of the day flying a simm is not like flying an actual model. Having said that they are a great training aid. When instructing new pilots it is clear which ones have spent time on a Simm and who hasn't. The ones who have progress much quicker. A simm will help with orientation and help waggling the sticks around to become 2nd nature rather than having stop and think. Plus crashes are a lot cheaper.

As MrB said change the difficulty of the model I find them too easy on 50% I always up them to 100% but I think many models still adjust the throws etc to a reasonable amount.

We sometimes have an online session on here but haven't recently. Maybe time we did laugh

I haven't much real flight time so cant comment on its realism too much but it has taught me to fly a Bixler 2 on my own.

Edited By RichFR on 25/11/2014 16:54:21

• 9 months later...

I upgraded from 4 to 5 with no problems in realistic quality, I run a Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT with no problems, which is fairly old in todays standards, compared to the new stuff thats out...

I have 2 questions: Do most people run phoenix on standard graphics card pc's/laptops? Are there any of you guys out there who are graphic card/computer savvy?

I am intrigued to hear what you have to say

Many thanks