Shopping Woe. Looking for new YAK ish thing

Flanker .

I am trying to find a replacement for my ageing YAK 54. I want a similar plane of around 1.7 meters. 120 size is good, though my YAK ... ment for a .90 has a DLE 30 cc in it. Don't realy want bigger as transport becomes harder, and servos etc start to get pricey. I am not a mad 3D er so "normal" gear is ok.

Been trawling the net but most things are either too small or for 50cc and big and expensive. Found a few things on the big name sites but all are "out of stock" and seem to stay that way. Any ideas folks ?

Go well F

Advert

I just bought my replacement yak 54 from skyartec it is considerably more expensive than the seagull one but is considerably better, you have to wait a while as it comes direct from factory the company is UK based, their communications are excellent and they pay the import duty, the kit itself is pretty much top notch, cf wing tube and uc and all accessories are excellent it even has a pipe tunnel at 299 it is a bit pricey but I think it is work every penny, 30cc will fit excellent google skyartec

I think the Seagull version that Ross linked to is excellent value for money and I have no complaints at all about the build quality of mine. They are terrific flyers, good with a 120 FS and excellent with a 180.

The only weak area seems to be, as with many ARTFs, the undercarriage mounting which failed on mine after a deadstick into a short crop field behind a hedge - but it ran into a tractor rut after the unseen landing so may not have been a fair test. However, a friend's version failed after a low speed run-off at the end of our runway which looked surviveable. Both were relatively easy to repair though.

Edited By Martin Harris on 30/11/2014 23:15:52