Help needed with an SC30fs

Phil Winks

During the installation of my SC30fs in the dawn flyer I had to reverse the servo arm and in the process had to remove the bottom end needle, forgetting to record the setting,the instructions do not appear to mention the factory setting for this needle, top end yes, bottom end no. So if any one has one running and can give me the setting I'll owe you one

Advert

Carburettor settings are the same for any engine 2s or 4s if the fuel mix is OK the motor will run, close the throttle fully. and gently close off the low range needle until it shuts off any fuel flow. test by blowing through the fuel tube (use a new piece for the test old fuel doesn't taste nice) , then while still trying to blow air through gradually unscrew the low range needle until you can hear a slight hiss of air passing through, this will give you a starting position for running the engine. Re-connect your fuel supply and start the engine, if the motor starts to fade when opening the throttle, open the low end needle by 1/8 th turn and try the throttle again, repeat if needed. If the engine splutters when you open the throttle, close the needle 1/8 th turn at a time. when the motor picks up ok you can set the top end needle to have max RPM open the needle out to slightly richen the mix to allow the engine to unload in flight and not run lean