How to mount SJ4000 Camera?

sunco dream2 sj4000 4.jpg

I've just bought this Sunco Dream2 (SJ4000 type HD camera) from Amazon for under £40. It's identical in size, shape etc to the Turnigy one from HK. Comes with loads of mounting clamps etc but like the GoPro, it seems geared to helmet or handlebar mounting, or dashcam use, or underwater filming (comes with all the necessary mounts and gizmos for these uses). However while the camera only weighs 59g, all of the supplied mounts add significantly to this weight and none seems ideally suited to mounting on a smallish (3S powered) electric model. Just wondered if anyone else has got this or similar camera and can give any pointers as to to how best to mount this camera. Please also tell me what model you've got it on as well, and let me know how pleased (or otherwise) you are with the results from this camera.

sunco dream2 sj4000 3.jpg

Advert

Using a Go Pro with a Dynam Tigermoth I made up a wooden mount which was bolted to the airframe and and then the camera was held onto the wooden mount with a couple of rubber bands, took all of 15 mins to knock up and worked quite well. I also did something similar with my Mobius. A couple of bits of ply and a few rudder bands can often make up a pretty useful (if not pretty) mount.