For the Designers : Rich and others .... !

sebrien andre

Hi all
I built this year some six or seven autogyros from famous designers here : Rich and others . I crashed a lot and today I feel safe flying my gyros
NOW I want to build my own designed gyro ; I am aware of some rules I found here and there but the darkside of it is not completly cleared :cog how to , cog over or down the thrust line , hang angle, and so on .....
So my question :
Could a pro ( Rich or together with other ) make a "simple" synthesis of the principal rules to observe for designing a gyro with front traction or pusher ?
Thanks in advance
André

Edited By sebrien andre on 07/12/2014 13:24:07

Advert

André,

From my point of view I like things to have a bit of shape.The hardest thing for me is the initial idea of what it will look like. I do a simple sketch and stick to that shape once I am pleased with it, if I alter it as I go along 9 times out of 10 I am not happy with the final result. If it looks right it will fly right is the word on the patch.

There was a good site a few years ago written by Jim Baxter, this went into design with a rough guide of what he found worked. I am sure I made copies of it, if I can dig them out I will upload them.

Take a look at other successful flying models, take dimensions and work around these. This is not rocket science and the general dimensions/ratios do not alter to much and have worked for many years.

The biggest single thing that will make an autogyro fly well not matter how well designed it is is the blades. There are plenty of 'tried and tested' blade profiles out there to copy so the hard work has already been done.

Oh, keep it as light as possible.thumbs up

Please share with us your design once you get started? Good lucksmiley

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 07/12/2014 19:42:31