Hot melt glue guns ?

Steve Thomas 3

Hi everyone, hope you have all had a great Christmas.

After many years away from the hobby I have just started to build a chris foss

Middle phase, and was wondering if anyone use a hot melt glue gun and is it ok to use one? I do have the normal evostick wood glue and epoxy but also have a hot melt glue gun.

Many thanks for any advise

Happy New Year to you all

Steve.

Advert

I'd agree - useful for sticking the odd cosmetic item in place - but I wouldn't use them generally. Mind you that might be partially because I find them a bit hard to "get on with" - I always end up with stringy bits!

Having said that I remember assembling an H2O, a seaplane from Britflight (no longer available I think, sadly) and that seemed to be almost entirely assembled with hot glue - and its still going strong!

BEB

I bought a Great Planes YAK 55 with the zipped cockpit a few years ago. It was suggested in the kit that a hot melt glue gun should be used to make up the plane so I bought a glue gun. I got so far with the glue gun and then gave up as it did not work for me, and I then committed the plane to my loft where it stayed for over a year with bits like the ailerons falling off and parts within the fuselage that were fixed with cross weave tape coming unstuck. However a few months ago I decided to finish building the plane and used RC Modellers glue and Epoxy glue with complete success. The plane which has only flown once flew very well , but the kit has now been deleted.

004.jpg