Wild Wing sloper

Advert

• 1 month later...

Ive had three of these models, one currently still airworthy as a slope soarer. Its a surprisingly good little model, good energy retention out of turns, and being EPP,  can take a bump well. Turn the servo arms upside down and it'll combat with the best of them, just have to tape on the fins. 

My first was electric, lost control flat out and hit the floor after a vert dive, felt like it was doing a million miles an hour but it survived.  My current one was modded to do away with the belly hatch, meaning the radio gear is all topside, out of harms way, much better IMO. 

There are around ten of these in our club.  Good value considering you get the strapping tape thrown in the box, and as Andy says, for 15 quid, you cant go wrong.

• 2 months later...

I flew my Ripmax WW at the North Lakes Slope Soaring fly in at the weekend. I built mine slightly differently from the norm, filling in the battery bay on the underside of the model with EPP sheets cut to match the 'T' shape, and any gaps filled in with lightweight polyfilla.  I made this decision having seen one lose its battery in mid flight following a minor mid-air.  I then put all my radio equipment topside, covered by balsa hatches, sanded to shape.  I also replaced the correx fins for 5mm EPP fins, cut to shape.  It flew in around 20mph wind at the NLSA fly in with no problems.  The roll rate is stupidly fast.

Im planning to turn the servo arms around and run the pushrods through snakes in the epp, so i stand a better chance if i fancy a bit of combat.

Ill post a few pictures, if i can find my SD Card..........

The Wild Wing is awesome. Mine has a full layer of CW tape on the top and two underneath plus and extra A frame spar and a single fin tail. It rocks in a wide wind range with ballast and I have it set up with and insane roll rate on the aileron stick and the non existant rudder mixed in for twin stick roll rates that are unbeleivable. A great toy

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p230/mr_editor/IMG_0001-1.jpg

• 1 month later...