Receiver ports

Steve T

Right I have trawled through tx and rx threads already posted and can't find this so, I'm finishing a bought part built Blenheim, I found a Flysky tx and its rx, Fs-r6b in my scrap/re-use box. Might sound very obvious to some but as this is the remains of a black bag walk of shame I have no instruction, the receiver has Batt and then ch6 to ch1 descending from there. I take it batt will be my esc connection but what about the others. I have twin motors with twin esc, should be batt, then ailerons, rudder, elevators and finally retracts which were not originally part of the kit. Do I just have to try pot luck or is there logic to any of this when connecting up?

Edited By Steve T on 13/01/2015 13:38:58

Advert

I would suggest connecting a Rx battery to Batt, then a servo to each port in turn, wiggle all the sticks in turn and see what's what.

I would suspect the following:

1 Ailerons

2 Elevators

3 Throttle / ESC

4 Rudder

5 and 6  Gear/flaps/aux.

Connecting an ESC to the battery port will give you power, but no throttle control (always assuming that there is a battery connected to the ESC!)

Edited By Toni Reynaud on 13/01/2015 14:01:15

OK, step one:

Turn on the Tx then take a 4 cell NiMH pack and connect it to the "Batt" connection. Check to see if the Rx appears to be bound to the Tx - I assume its 2.4. Usually a little green light come on if all is well.

Step Two:

Attach a single servo to channel 1 of the Rx and waggle the sticks to see what it operating. Maybe aileron, maybe rudder. Repeat on Channels 2 to 4. By this point at least you know what is what.

Step Three:

Remove the NiMH battery. Connect two ESC's (one on each motor) to a Y-lead. You will need to remove the +ve (centre) wire from one of the two ESC servo leads. Then put the single leg of the Y-lead in which ever Rx channel you have determined in Step 2 was the throttle. Connect the two power leads from one side of each ESC to a suitable Lipo.

Assuming the ESC's have a BEC it should then work.

BEB

PS If it doesn't and the ESC's don't appear to have a BEC then reattach the NiMH battery and try again.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 13/01/2015 14:19:05