Enya 60-4c four stroke

LHR Dave

Hi

I have an old Enya 60-4C four stroke engine.

I have had the engine running on the bench all be it not too successfully .I have gained some info on this engine from an old copy of RCME dated June 1983,but there is not to much info given in the article compared with todays superb reviews and tests in the current magazine.

Can anyone tell me what the nipple is on the back plate at the bottom of the engine?.

I have trawled the net and there are a number of replacement spares available should i need them.But what i would like is a copy of the manual for this engine. Does anyone have one that i could copy or send it to me as a pdf document?

Dave

Advert

Hi LHR Dave . I had problems with a an Enya 60  4stroke some years ago . It was a pig to run and kept on throwing the prop. I tried all makes of F/S plugs and  eventually I fitted a taylor short reach ,idle bar ,plug( this helps reduce the compression ) .Fuel was sythetic  oil with 10% nitro. This made the motor very easy to use and it ran  and idled faultlessly from then on. I still have the engine but rarely use it now  as its comparatively heavy and not suitable for the type of models i'm flying. Spares are still available I believe from Steve Webb. They have spares for Enya engines from way back  and the service is excellent.

Good Luck

E.D

Hi Dave . No I never had one in the first place. Have you tried an add on the BMFA classifieds ? or here on this forum . There are a lot of very friendly helpful modellers out there who have helped me in the past. The other options are Steve web or try a Google search for Enya engines . I know theres a great site for OS engines with exploded views and spares list etc ; possibly the same for Enya.  Most manual s / info sheets seem to contain the same information re safety, running in ,oil content of fuel and so on. Unless you want one for collecting reasons or for an exploded view then almost any  of the current info sheets will give the requied info Re the tube from the crank case ; try to keep it as short as possible to exit the cowling or use a short lenght to fit the nipple then fit a larger diameter tube so that it can drain during running.

Regards

E.D