The E G has landed!

Myk Riley

Hi All, hope you are all well. smile d

Just posting this as an update on this newbies progress so far, and for a bit of info and support for anyone considering similar actions or paths. I do hope this is in the right place and contains no naughty slips, mods feel free to check and adjust!

wink 2

I decided, after much reading on forums and shopping around, to go for an MPX Easy Glider Pro RR, instead of the Parkzone Radian Pro RR. Reports on performance seemed to beat the Radian (in this later version) and certainly had better reports in the quality department. Must admit I was also swayed by it being MPX, a firm I remember (from waaay back), and also being German (quality).

The EG arrived Friday, from a company in Germany, for a lovely pound to euro friendly £118...not bad, postage was another £15 so £133 in total, and it arrived on the fifth day after ordering! Slightly different from the description in the ad, Ebay shop listing said Blue Edition, this one is Red. However, it was the one I expected, as the price difference was similar to other stores, and to be honest, it makes no difference at this stage, but is something to be aware of.

Having had a good look at the instructions (which are also the same ones as in the kit version), I would in future have no hesitation in ordering a kit and doing a self-build. They were clear and detailed, and although a builder from previous I think anyone could do it if they took their time and were careful to double check before gluing/cutting.

More on the EG shortly.

I have also obtained a ready built (read old) Precedent Hi Boy 2, an OS FS 52 and a flight box with all the usual bits. All this again from Ebay. All looks very good but will have to fit kit and test run before 100%. Will be using my old, but thoroughly checked/tested 35Meg Fleet PCM HF7 in the HB. Intention is to re-learn power flying before putting the 52 into a Puppeteer (with a 2.4 set!).

So with both models and bits arriving, I got a trip in to Kings Lynn Models and obtained, along with some small parts, two Overlander LiPo packs, 11.1, 3 s, 2200mAH. These I will charge after re-reading all the precautions regarding LiPo and setting-up a safe charging area. There is no rush, so I will learn before I burn!

Need to get some Elapor stuff for the EG then, once packs charged, go through all the set-up tasks on the model and Tx, and see if I can rope someone in to guide me through the first flights!

Membership of BFMA sorted by a Christmas pressie, not long to the sky eh?

So that's it for now from a returnee, I will add more to this once things happen, hopefully may be of use to some others. By the way, after checking Ebay earlier today, the exchange is even better, so you can get an Easy Glider Pro for £114 plus postage... Just search for the item on Ebay, and look for the seller

Preis-Fuchser

Cheers, Myk.

Advert

Myk, be VERY careful using a 35meg Rx in any electric set-up, especially when the Rx is going to be as close to both the ESC and the motor, as they will be in the EGPro. If you are pushing the boat out and buying a 2.4 set anyway you would be very well advised to use this right from the start. As a relatively early convert to electrickery I can assure you that glitches when using 35meg gear were a bit of a problem, but as soon as I bought my first 2.4meg set-up the glitches disappeared - never to be seen again.

(If you are a bit of a fan of all things Multiplex, their new, slightly odd looking SX Tx can be got for about 85 quid - I have am Mpx Cockpit Tx, ultra reliable, love it.)

Hi Gurth, thanks for the tips!

The 35 meg is going with the non-elec stuff in Hi boy only, as I have already, strangely coincidental, an Mpx Cockpit Sx which will be used for the EG (and others...love that model memory stuff!). Glad to see it mentioned, as other newbies may be considering what you describe...

Its a bloomin minefield at first eh? teeth 2

Myk.

Edited By Myk Riley on 18/01/2015 10:49:33

Percy - Really love my Cockpit SX which has a relatively small case - the combination at my age of arthritis and small paws (I've always had those!) make the Mpx Tx a perfect fit, the length of the sticks can be altered to suit and the tension/feel is is adjustable too. Once I got my head round the programming I became a true believer!

Paul, do you mean watched it on Ebay? I must admit to being dubious (who isn't) before buying, but as it was not a private seller, and you have Paypal protection, I just had to risk it!

Very happy with the thing, but not assembled yet, no glue! Will sort that tomorrow. smile d

If thinking of buying, beware the description as I said earlier, and don't forget to check postage costs.

Myk.

See, I knew someone would make the connection laugh

I have re-checked the ad on the Ebay shop of the supplier, they have now corrected the description to read correctly. Glad to see them do this after I pointed it out, as it was good service and a bloomin' good price!

Paul, how about

Ice Cold in Alex

next?

Myk

Edited By Myk Riley on 20/01/2015 08:38:11

Hi Martin, thanks for the offer but I should be ok (at least for now) with Tx and Rx.

Although I will be using some 35 meg stuff whilst learning (not in the EG) I also have an Mpx Cockpit 2.4. This will be supplemented by further Rx and just eventually using the one Tx.

Thanks anyhow, Myk.