Hey you guys

Neil Burton

Hey people, jus thought i's say hello. My name is Neil David Burton but you can call me Burt,

I'm 26 years old and have been flying model aircraft for around 18 years or so but i have only just started building in the past 3 years. So hopefully i'll have plenty of questions for you all to have a think about.

Anyway thats me

Tara for now

hi guys im very new to this hobby but very keen to get flying im yet to buy my first model. A present im researching every possible aspect of rc flight i have picked a club to join which im looking forward to after reading a few articles today im now left some what confused with regards Mode 1 and Mode 2 tx setups and was hoping you guys would be able to help all i really want to know is which is the most common type in use on this side of the pond as most the articles seem to be of american origin . We all got to start some where right!!

We have all got to start smewhere my friend. Well at my flying club most people fly Throttle on the right, but it does vary from club to club. I think the best thing to do is find out who is going to be teaching you to fly and that normally determins which mode to fly. Alternatively why not ask and try buddy box with different modes and see what you feel most comfortable with. At the end of the day its you that will be flying the model. Anyway welcome to the hobby... enjoy!

yeah thanks Neil that sounds like good adice i will try my hand at both and make up my mind that way.

Dave, dont panic im as patriotic as they come all it was is i found a link throuhgh "thirty thousand feet"

which took me to a site explaining i felt in great detail and in terms a newbee like me could understand

it wasnt till i got to the section on raio gear that i realised it was written by an American it was just a bit confussing as to quote "90% of flyers in the states use mode 2 mode 1 is not used very much" it just left me pondering but  i think Neil is spot on with his advice!! Good workon the mag by the way very usefull