First electric flight foray ....SUCCESS !!

richard cohen

well after the tribulations of navigating the hobby king website, postage and dollar conversions, debating over scale looking war birds, I finally settled on the Skipper as an interesting subject with options for water or snow flying and no U/C to damage.Stresses trying to set up speed controllers, and the worries over charging lipo's (i have treated them like unstable phosphorus grenades). I have now maidened the Skipper. What a great model !!!! a few clicks of trim and it flies on rails.

Good bits: looks great, super value for money, reasonably quick, can fly from grass, water or snow, fast in roll and pitch but can be dialled down if required.

Could be Better bits: colour scheme not very visible so new paint might be on the cards, battery tray strap was rubbish-binned for an easier to use Velcro affair.(not much is it )

For my first proper 'leccy model, this model inspires confidence. With most of my models being 6-10ft span, It's way smaller than i am used to flying but its no less a proper model for that. For under £100 with a couple of lipo's this is a proper cracker. I even find myself looking at the durafly autogyro now.

Roll on some west country snow please.

Rich

Advert

Posted by richard cohen on 09/02/2015 23:51:38:

For my first proper 'leccy model, this model inspires confidence. With most of my models being 6-10ft span, It's way smaller than i am used to flying but its no less a proper model for that. For under £100 with a couple of lipo's this is a proper cracker.

You should try the Foam-E WOT 4 Richard!

Posted by David Davis on 10/02/2015 16:48:07:
Posted by richard cohen on 09/02/2015 23:51:38:

For my first proper 'leccy model, this model inspires confidence. With most of my models being 6-10ft span, It's way smaller than i am used to flying but its no less a proper model for that. For under £100 with a couple of lipo's this is a proper cracker.

You should try the Foam-E WOT 4 Richard!

If you think the Wot 4 is good, wait 'till you try the AcroWot Foam-e, it's in a different league.