Mini Lec Roo

Dave Potter

Posted by Dave Potter on 28/02/2015 15:32:26:

All being well it will get it's maiden tomorrow.

Good luck Dave. But have you seen the weather forecast for tomorrow? I think you might be there on your own.

But if the weather is better than expected, don't crash it before I get there!

[EDIT]  Let me re-phrase that last bit. I didn't mean, "Wait until I get there before you crash it"! Rather,  I meant just don't crash it at all - I want to see it fly.

Edited By John Privett on 28/02/2015 19:02:14

Well the maiden flight took place today. First attempt - before I arrived - resulted in a broken prop immediately after the launch. Steve, on the sticks, blames Dave's dodgy launch... I wasn't there, so I'm not going to pass judgement! wink 2

I was disappointed not to see it fly, but as it happened I had a spare prop with me which was pressed into service. Simon launched it next time and a decent flight followed. Fast without being silly-fast, and with a sparkling roll-rate. Only slight issue was that the landing broke the prop. Dave is considering a folding prop as one prop per flight could prove a little expensive!

Posted by Dave Potter on 09/03/2015 08:57:39:
That's a nice little write up John P. I've now glued your prop together mate I'll give it back to you next week.

Before anybody gets the wrong idea, that was a joke.

I hope! wink 2

Posted by Dave Potter on 09/03/2015 11:45:19:

Hi Shaun, The motor i used was JP 20700 KV in runner with a 35 speed controller and a 3c 2200 battery. You could put a bigger one in if you want it to go ballistic.

And just a little correction on Dave's typo... The motor, in case you hadn't guessed is actually 2700kv.