Did you know about the Spektrum AR8000 DSM2 rx?

I rebound my Spektrum AR8000 DSM2 receiver in my Wot 4 XL, which has been flying on my Spektrum DX8 to my newer DX9.

When I did it, the modulation was shown as DSM-X, when the receiver is labeled DSM-2. There is a "X" on the sat, and read somewhere just now that the AR8000 has always been a DSM-X, before DSM-X was officially launched, but incorporated into the AR8000.

Newer rx's are still called the AR8000, the label has been changed, and the others which have been moved to DSM-X have a extra number added, such as the AR7000 comes the AR7010.

So my 8000 DSM-2 labeled rx works in DSM-X model and the DSM-X rx works as labeled in DSM-X.

Anyone notice this?

Advert

• 2 years later...

I have a question on the remote receiver used with the AR8000. I originally used the DX8 in DSM2 mode as originally supplied. I upgraded the DX8 software and was able then to use DSMX. The AR8000 works fine as DSMX. A broken cable to the remote receiver made me source a replacement and then I discovered that there was a DSM2 remote and a DSMX remote [more expensive]. My remote is marked as DSM2. I bought the DSMX remote and all is working fine. Did I need to buy a DSMX remote or would a replacement cable have been enough?