Hitec Aurora 9 trims

Aurora's have these little 'trim switch' controls (LT, CT and RT) in the middle just below to aerial. But try as I might I just can't access their use. They're intended to "allow the pilot to adjust the mix" whilst in flight and the manual says "they are available for many of the Aurora's functions". The only one that's set up as standard is the aileron/rudder mix but I want to set up a flap/elevator mix. One of these trims will allow me to adjust the mix in-flight without me having to study the screen (not a good idea when flying!) Does any user know how to add them to the mix I require. I've struggled with trying to find how. Maybe I'm missing something in the Manual.

Ian

Edited By TheFlyingCrust on 08/04/2015 23:58:35

Advert

I have an Aurora 9. I can say that the manual is about as helpful as the telephone directory would be. I was trying to set up flaperons. Even asked HItec.

When you come across instructions that say "There is no right way to do this so do it the way you want" or words to that effect I lose interest.

I did solve the problem in the end.

I fitted my Spektrum radio.

I told Hitec that they should get Don Edberg to write a manual as he did the for the Futaba Field Force 8. Now THAT is a manual.

You can make the little trim switches do something. on most mixes there is a second screen (you will see "1/2" somewhere on the screen). on the second screen there is setup for adjusting mixes in which you can use the LT, RT and CT switches). I thought you could assign them to control mixes (e.g flaps), but I might be wrong on that score.

There are a few harder to access features like the mini trims but generally the TX is incredibly easy to use. I'm not sure what form a manual would take as the mixes screen is most self explanatory. I flew contest gliders on it with Crow, camber, launch settings, snap flaps, vtail etc etc and never even looked at the Pmixes. The whole point of the Aurora is that you don't need a Don Edberg manual to work it, IMHO.

I need a Don Edberg manual for everything

I just wasted a complete morning because the diesel car that I bought two months ago would not start. The preheater light would not come on. My local garage that deals with Aixams said it might be the relay or the glow plugs (I kid you not). I called out the breakdown people.

While I was waiting for them I phoned the top dealer up north to find out where the relay was.

After explaining the problem he said. "Press the left hand button for 20 seconds., When it says D on switch off and then on."

It seems that it had defaulted to "petrol". Doesn't tell you that anywhere.

Thanks guys. Some ideas to work on.

Just to say I've had the Aurora for 3 years and generally I'm very pleased with it. Its just that I've built a glider with flaps and wanted to add some elevator mix. Easy to do but to adjust I'd rather do it whilst in flight.

I'll have a look tomorrow and tell you how I got on.

Ian

• 3 months later...