Enough power ?

Vinegar Dave

Advert

I would suggest about 800watts required. Good rule of thumb is times the IC engine by 2 then add a zero digit to get the watts required. I.e 46 x 2 = 92, therefore 920 watts. It's very rough, and a trainer would get away with less. The 4-max site has some good examples of WOT4s converted, which is similar in size,weight to your WOT Trainer.

for a 5lb model, you'd want 80-100W/lb for trainer/general sport performance, so 400-500W total

for that sort of power you'd probably want a 4S pack (14.8V nominal) - maybe somewhere around 4000mAh for reasonable duration

for sensible prop revs something 700-900kv would give 10-13k rpm

500W @ 14.8V gives about 35A - so a 40A ESC would suffice, or maybe something a bit higher rated if you want to prop it up in future, if the motor is rated for the extra current/power

I'd suggest a 3548 of either 790 or 900kv - there are plenty around from various vendors - with a 12x8 or similar

I would have thought 900W might be a bit excessive, unless you want unlimited vertical