screws for blade 350 qx3

duane massey

Hi

Purchased the blade last night (second hand), and took it out a couple of times, which actually impressed me!

Now I am looking at mounting my gopro, I seen in the box there is a grey mount which looks to hold a gopro, but there was only 3 self tapper screws, (below is a link) are these the ones to attach the mount? Either way, yes or no, I need the full set/an extra one. But can it seem to find them?

I'm probably struggling a bit more, as I don't know the best Hobby shops online, and also the local one is shut today.

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/Dibbley247/Mobile%20Uploads/20150415_100220.jpg

I think it would be stable with 3, but would definitely want all 4 screws on there!

If these are the right ones, we have a local nuts/bolts shop which may have these?

Many thanks

Advert

In reality the three screws will hold it - but any appropriate size of self tapper will do for the fourth. If you get stuck I might still have my screws.

My cheapo gimbal was held on with 2x4mm cap heads and was fine.

The standard grey plastic mount has its limitations, you may find yourself stumping up for a gimbal if/once you get hooked.wink 2

Managed to find another little hobby shop hidden away in a retail park, and actually had the whole screw kit for a few quid, so bought that.

I already have my eye on one of those cheap ones from China which keeps it all level, and actually looks pretty good for £35! Plugs directly into the battery charging socket.

Although that means cutting things up, as the cover will always be open, so may adapt the cable that's hanging off which is for the optional camera?

Not sure what you mean about cutting things up. Mine plugged into one of the set of pins just inside the rear of the quad.

I could not control the tilt of the cheap gimbal on the QX2 so ended up getting the Eflite GB200 gimbal, only to find that I needed a seperate receiver to control it! The QX3 is different in this respect.

You will need to make a bracket to fit anything other than an Eflite gimbal. Mine was made of bent aluminimum bolted to the bottom of the quad. It was in 2 parts so that it could be quickly unscrewed to remove the gimbal. I still have it if you want to copy it.