X12D-Horus

Josip Vrandecic -Mes

Martin

I briefly worked designing injection moulding tooling. i really was commenting on why some many cases have ribs, shy away from flat surfaces.

I am sure that mouldings have come a long way from when i was a designer. Although functionally do not like ribs, it is the way that shrinkage was controlled, so that it was not visually noticeable, shot weights kept down etc.

It is the price you pay for a case that costs pennies to produce, with all the fixing points included, in addition to the surfaces that the user comes in contact with.

Being a little critical, I would expect that a good part of the cost of the Huros and similar Txs, is the cost of the case.

One aspect I really do approve of is the aerial being included with the case envelope. Both practically, for protection, even further ensuring a well balanced Tx. I did wonder from my first Futaba 6ex, why is the aerial stuck on top like an after thought.

Advert