The Parkzone T28 Trojan

Advert

Well i have pooped !! out, she flies like a dream but i did notice she keep gaining height and i had to trim the elevator to the max to counteract it, i think i will be adding weight, thanks for the help, this is my step up to a new plane in the near future.

If there is anybody out there thinking of buying a Parkzone Trojan i would definately recomend it, it is good at slow or fast speeds very stable and looks great.

• 1 month later...

Only just noticed this thread!  I bought the Parkzone T28 a few weeks ago and have flown it exclusively with no undercarriage.  I've found it to be a superb model.  I replaced the stock Rx with a Spektrum AR7000 taken from another, retired model and I found I needed to reduce the travel of the elevator as it was quite "twitchy".  Since doing that, and with a little expo dialled in, it flies like a dream.  I've not found the need to add any weight though.  I do fly with slightly heavier LiPos than the supplied battery however - normally 2100 mAh 3s.  With fairly spirited flying I get about 8 minutes flying time safely.

Cheers,

Tim.

Chris, if you are looking to get into planes i would suggest you start of with the Firebird Freedom with Anti Crash Technology (ACT) I learnt to fly on one of these and I still enjoy flying it today,the battery life can be excellent because once you are up there the plane is so light you can glide alot just to get used to the controls, these only cost around £100.00. Spares are easily available and if you get the trojan it can be a nightmare, I have been waiting for a cowl for 3 weeks now and cannot fly it!!!!!!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Been a while since anyone mentioned these, but I've quite taken a fancy to a Parkzone T28 for my first low-wing rc attempt. Their Super Cub has been such a joy to fly, and I've got a couple of other things to finish, but the T28 looks good and is relatively cheap. I see that David, for one, flies or flew, one without the u/c - what if anything do you do to protect the aileron servoes, and minimise "skid marks" on it's bottom?

Chris,

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Younger guys seem to pick up flying much quicker than the older generation. A T-28 may be a little too agile for a first plane but you may find you pick it up quickly.
I have an older friend who's been flying for many years more than me who's skill level is not something to be desired!

A Hangar 9 Alpha trainer comes with an electric motor these days, that's what I re-learnt to fly with. I'm not a believer of anti-crash technology, buy a stable enough platform and you wont need it.