Model Match

kc

The original question included HItec but no one seems to have mentioned that in the thread.

My Aurora 9 has to be bound to the reciever but it will still control it regardless of model selected.

As I use Spektrum most of the time I have to be careful. Luckily I still use 35 Mhz quite a bit so am used to the checking which model is selected.

Advert

Speaking of the digital revolution and how it has aided the 2.4Ghz RC market I once attached a battery to an Orange RX in reverse polarity and in so doing released the magic smoke from that receiver. I stuck with Spektrum brand DSM2 receivers from then on - they have built in reverse polarity protection. I decided to open the broken Rx up and dig around the circuit with my limited electronics knowledge. I looked up the datasheets for the ICs on the board and had a little eureka moment when I found out that the same 2.4Ghz chip was being used in wireless computer peripherals such as wireless mice! This is the real reason we can have these amazingly complex 2.4Ghz radios with all their features - manufacturers are, as they say, standing on the shoulders of giants by buying large chunks of ready made technology and simply integrating them into their product.

We had ICs in 35MHz radios but nothing like what has become available of late. I suspect manufacturers back then would also have been concerned about cornering customers into using only a certain brand of receiver whereas that was easy when they were able to point to the benefits of the 2.4Ghz system to mitigate that sort of customer concern.

Edited By Simon P on 31/05/2015 18:55:09

Edited By Simon P on 31/05/2015 18:56:12