Replacement prop for Durafly Old Crow P51 ?

Nigel Finch

well I am just about to give up with HobbyKing. Prop broke on landing and have orderd two new 4 Blade prop that conveniently are only in International warehouse. £35 later with crazy postage costs they sent the wrong one it was not what I ordered and their complaints handelling are as bad as I have experienced. Does anyone knows where I can get a prop that will fit as a suitable replacement as I am not going to pay that amount again hoping they get it right.

Thanks all

Edited By Nigel Finch on 02/06/2015 20:50:50

I converted mine to run on normal 2 bladed electric props, on the basis that I couldnt tell the difference when it was in the air, it gets better flight times and is far less likely to break than the four blade originals... I think I used an 11 x 8 or similar with great success... Just required a small amount of dremelling on the spinner to make it fit.

Thanks both for your kind replies.

The prop they send was for a Mustang but not rigid it was thin flexible plastic so no idea what it's for plus a yellow spinner I the pack. Must be a smaller lighter version although prop was approx same size.

It's a real pain as its a nice weather weekend for once !

Posted by Nigel Finch on 02/06/2015 20:50:01:

well I am just about to give up with HobbyKing. Prop broke on landing and have orderd two new 4 Blade prop that conveniently are only in International warehouse. £35 later with crazy postage costs they sent the wrong one it was not what I ordered and their complaints handelling are as bad as I have experienced. Does anyone knows where I can get a prop that will fit as a suitable replacement as I am not going to pay that amount again hoping they get it right.

Thanks all

Edited By Nigel Finch on 02/06/2015 20:50:50

I believe that you can send the wrong items back to the UK warehouse despite the parts originally coming from Hong Kong. Did they offer you this solution?

Just had a quick search through their terms and conditions and found this...........

Returns & refunds If you are not happy with your hobbyking.com® product you may return it back to the any of our warehouses for a full refund on the products price. This must be done within 30 days of the purchase and the product must be in new condition with original packaging and all included accessories. Our service centers do not accept crash damaged parts or items that have been modified.
*If the original packaging has been opened, we will refund 80% of the products purchase price to cover repacking and Q.C. rechecking costs. We do not refund shipping costs.

Not brilliant but better than writing off the whole amount especially as they sent the wrong part in the first place.

Edited By Cuban8 on 03/06/2015 11:34:10