Quick question about 350 QX2

Steve Colman

Hello multirotor flyers.

I'm looking to expand my horizons, so to speak, and a quad of some description has been at the back of my mind for some time.

If I were to buy one its principal use would be for aerial video and photograpy, initially using my Mobius camera.

I see that SMC has the 350 QX2 on special offer for 200 smackers at the moment. I know it's not the most recent model but it more or less ticks all the boxes for me and should be relatively easy to set up with my DX8.

Other options could be the Quanum Nova/ Cheerson CX20 but I do worry about aftermarket support with those products. Alternatively I could just strap the mobius to a really cheap toy quad and see what happens.

Your knowledgable thoughts welcome.

Thanks,

Steve.

Advert

I'd be loath to recommend a really expensive quad to you, only for you to find out that 'its not your thing'. So maybe dip your toe in the water by getting one of the cheaper quads with a in-built camera. If that sparks a passion then get something a bit more expensive with a gimbal, although you might find fitting a Mobius to a gimbal a bit tricky.

I have a 350 QX2 and a friend of mine a QX3. We are yet to fly them together but my first impression is that the QX3 was much more stable than the QX2. Even in a strong wind the QX3 was rock solid in the air. If I was in the market for a new quad I would struggle to decide between a Phantom 2 or a QX3. At least with the QX3 you are not tied to one type of battery.