twin tail linkages

Phil 9

Is your tailplane a built up afair like the wing? If so why not bury the servos in the tailplane the same way you would with the wing? Only the servo arm s would be parallel to the fin. Sorry vertical stabiliser. If your horizontal stab is not a built up jobby, you could still bury it in a cavity that goes straight through the stab. Meanwhile the servo fills the hole

Advert

Are you desperate for a rudder ??, bit off topic regarding linkage for twin rudders.

This is my Skyfarer built from the Phil Kent plan and does not have rudder control, only a steerable nose wheel and ailerons and elevator.

I gave Phil a call to ask him about the rudder control and seemingly the design of the aircraft was to try and eliminate the possibility of spinning.

The Americans had lost a few pilots due to spinning accidents and the rudder being the culprit causing the spin.

My model has not flown yet but I have Phil's word it flies very well without rudder control.

Food for thought ??