aircraft for a 35 size engine

Can anybody suggest, an ARTF Airplane, which suits a 35 size OS engine,  this engine is 35 years old, and had a habit of dieing on me in my last plane.  I need a new plane to test it on.  Preferable affordable and glides in ok.  The only kits i seem to find are for 40/46 aircraft minimum.  Ive been flying for a while now so i dont mind if its a trainer/sportsplane or whatever.

any suggestions appreciated!!

Advert

Try the Black Horse Twister

Went really well on my JEN 37. Flies a bit like a precedent funfly but a decent glide as well, not bad for £55.

Alternatively the World Models Happy Fly (got mine from steve webb) is fantastic and a brilliant little hack, would be proper quick on a 35. Ran out of steam vertically on a ASP 28 quite quickly,  though enough for big loops from level.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Alex.

I Have built a Ben Buckle plain in the past from a set of plans lent to me by a flying budey, and they fly supurb and I used a 35 year old fixed throtle 15 motor, and flew it on a two chanell tx and had hours of fun with it at the air feild.

good luck Owen. 

Why-o-why do people punish themselves by trying to utilise dodgy old engines from another age? I've seen it so many times half a flying day wasted trying to start the damn thing, half a gallon of fuel all over the ground, deadstick on the first circuit, a terminal dive. Result one new plane destroyed and posssible extensive damage to the radio. Not to mention danger to fellow modellers. For gawds sake bin it or put it in a glass case, and buy a new one they're cheap enough.

Hi Tom.

Not all old things are bad Her in doors still runs like clockwork ha ha, Most of My so called old Motors and radio gear has looked after me well, and still run fine with no problems, I Started flyiny with gliders and this dose help when the fuel runs out to get them back to earth, and the thing is not to be in a possition as to the plain is in eny way likly to come in to contact with people or property If you all ways fly away from people then you can keep it as safe as you can and as for that terminal dive I only had this happen on a odd time and I find that this is more a C of G thing so the plain is only able to fly under power.

wake up Tom - why should things be thrownaway because they're old?  I'm running an Enya 60-111, Cox 049s and an OS Max35 from the 80s, and various SC engines from the early 90s.  None are especialy prone to dead-sticks, or recalcitrant starters given a good glow supply.  Even my early to mid 80s PAW diesels start and run well with fresh fuel.

After a 10 year + lay-off, all I did was flush them through with WD40 and go flying.

Just built the jumper 25 and posted a mini build blog on the forum if you are interested.  The kit is fine, the instructions less so.  If you are thinking about it Alex's boomerang blog (similar kit from the same people) is much more comprehensive than mine and is also very helpful.