DX6i Tx battery

Steven Brown

Advert

Frank Skilbeck wrote (see)
The battery box in my DX6i seems very secure, I think if I was to take it out and fit a welded pack I'd have more concerns over my modifications than the original battery box.

Seems that if there is already a separate 'battery box' in the tx, all you need is a replacement rechargeable 'rx' pack and two soldered wire connections-not the most challenging of tasks?

Will be able to speak more authoratively on this next week after I've bought mine!

When I got my DX6i I had the same concerns. So I pushed in a 600mAh (Rx type) welded pack.
There really isnt enough room with the battery contacts in, but I didnt fancy pulling them out.

It lasted over 3 hours without the voltage reading dropping significantly so I have concluded that current draw is very low.

Months later the (nimh) lost voltage in the cold, and curtailed a days flying

I bought a set of the new Eneloops, 2000mAh, ready charged, very low self discharge and apparently good in the cold.  This was with a view to make up a soldered pack.

However after slotting them in separately, I've never got round to soldering them up.
So far I've not even had to charge them and I've used it quite a bit...

I would never use batteries with spring contacts in a vibrating airframe. But have slowly convinced myself that in the Tx, with a battery reading and a secure battery cover, everything is OK.

Incidentally I thought it remiss of Spektrum to go on and on about the charger plug polarity, but not mention that a std Tx charger is the wrong voltage!

I found the same point interesting that the std charger that i BROUGHT and subsiquently returned was the wrong voltage!!! Guys if you take the tx apart the bat connectors which by the way arn't sprung units there solid bars can be removed easily from the back and then you can use a "pack" after soldering correct plug to tx leads of course. And you HAVE to remove the contacts to be able to fit a "pack" in anyway results in a very secure and IMHO a much safer and user freindly unit.

Just my two pence worth, and what a great product.

Regards Alex