notchy servo's

ERIC DODSWORTH

this could be me being picky but my servo's dont move smoothly on my turnigy/frsky radio i didn't notice it on the spektrum module, if i put the servo's back on my 35meg radio they are fine if i move the sticks slowly i can hear the servo's stepping it doesn't seem to affect the mode lin flight

given the fact that the 9exr is truly awful to figure out could any one help could it be that the tranny is not set up for frsky or is that how frky is could it be the module if so how do i check any help appreciated

Advert

How old is the FrSky modul? Way way back the very first ones did have a problem; servos followed smoothly very slow stick movements and very rapid stick movements(ie lagging behind the speed you could move the stick). But, at intermediate stick speeds (like when flying normally) the servos (but not all servos) would move in a notchy/jerky way.

Hi Eric . I use Fr-Sky modules and Rx's with my FF9 . I use all sorts of servos and never had a problem . The Fr-Sky link is brilliant . i have also converted a Futaba 6 EX and a Skysport 6 with Hack modules and never ha d a glitch . If your a lone 35 meg flyer then fine but if you have to watch out for other 35 megers then keep the Fr-sky and dump the dodgy servos for care free flying smiley.

E.D.

I don't think it's the servos, it's the early(?) FrSky module. I have later FrSky telemetry modules in DJT and DFT format used in FF8, FF9 & FF9 super and Taranis Mk1B and they are fine. Unfortunately I was an early adopter in 2010 and suffered the consequencies. Returned the items and got my money back then came back to FrSky about a year later.

Pre telemetry modules(V series) never had the problem. Its only when they started to make the telemetry modules (D series) that the problem occured on the initial production. So, V series (non telemetry) never had a problem. First issue/early telemetry modules (early D series) had the problem. Later telemetry modules (later D series) problem was solved.

ED, If you have one of the later (D series), but early on in the initial production run, telemetry module this could be the problem. That is why I suggested in an earlier post that you try a different telemetry (D series) module that is of recent production.

No, previous post marked ED was for 'ERIC DODSWORTH' not 'Engine Doctor'. Engine Doctor I fully realise that you will not have any problem with your set up as it is the pre telemetry 'V' series.

Thats the problem with using enitials for identifying posters.

tried the module with a skysport 4 (lots of wre and pins)and the effect is greatly reduced may just be the turnigy is just a little out of sync it has never been a problem in the air just a bit strange on the ground i thought i may have been able to change one of the many settings on the9xr to improve it seems not ,live with it seems to be the way