HK Rx Stabilizer

CJD

Advert

If you are referring to the Orange DSM2 ones then yes, I tried one. It seemed to work OK, you may have to adjust the gains to tune out any instability.

The only thing to watch is to make sure the gyro is working the control surface in the right mode, first time I tried it I'd hooked up the elevator gyro the wrong way round, it was a real problem to get the plane off the ground and then it nosed straight in, operator error embarrassed I'd moved the plane and observed the elevator correction with the gyro and thought I'd got it going the right way crook

Must admit I have a few different stabilisers lying around, but none in a model at the moment (helicopters and quads excepted)

The latest, rx free, one can be switched on and off from your tx.

To do as Frank says it's a good idea to check the position of the gain pots then increase them to maximum, this will show you more clearly the correct direction. Set the tx rates to max, set the gyro gains back to the factory setting then switch your gyro off and go fly. Sort the trims out on the tx then fly 3 mistakes high and switch the gyro in.

If you stall, it's best to remember to switch it off pdq. Once you land you may consider reducing the ele gain to zero so there will be no input in future stalls. (it's probably the least required gyro control in any event; think flaring the model just before landing).

For more enlightenment, go to youtube and search orange 3 axis stabilisers, there's quite a bit of wheat amongst the chaff.

Final point, if you're flying ic ensure your battery has sufficient capacity as you will probably get significantly more servo movement than when you fly gyro-less.

I have only had one flight with mine and these are some of the thoughts that I've had. I think it's a great piece of kit for the money.