Super service from Horizon Hobby

I have a Blade 200SRX heli that had a crash which for a change was not my fault, I certainly didn't twiddle the sticks to cause it to flip!

I knew I had damaged the servos but knew that this wasn't what had caused the crash.

I sent it back to Horizon Hobbies giving them all the details I could and asked them to see if they could find out what was wrong.

I sent it Friday, received it back Wednesday fully repaired and test flown all with no charge.

10 out of 10 for their service. I at least expected and would have been willing to pay for the servos at least.

A very satisfied customer.

Maxg

Advert

Posted by MaxG on 08/10/2015 19:52:20:

I have a Blade 200SRX heli that had a crash which for a change was not my fault, I certainly didn't twiddle the sticks to cause it to flip!

I knew I had damaged the servos but knew that this wasn't what had caused the crash.

I sent it back to Horizon Hobbies giving them all the details I could and asked them to see if they could find out what was wrong.

I sent it Friday, received it back Wednesday fully repaired and test flown all with no charge.

10 out of 10 for their service. I at least expected and would have been willing to pay for the servos at least.

A very satisfied customer.

Maxg

But did they find the cause of the crash?

Now that is a very good question.

They did some bits and pieces to tidy up the outcome of the crash and changed the motor and speed controller which I had not expected. Granted I had noted that the motor was making odd noises and oscillating just before the crash but I do not see that as the reason.

One thing I had said was that I wasn't willing to spend money on servos etc without knowing the crash reason as I didn't want to pour money into a black hole. With them having repaired it free of charge I now have a working heli again. So I can now continue to use it. If it should happen again then I will just give up with it.

To do an unexplained flip to me sounds like the Rx put out some commands that should not have happened. why that should have been so I do not know. Perhaps the software had a glitch in it or the ESC which supplies power to the Rx and gyro stuff put out some mucky DC which caused the problem. They have not said they changed the Rx and I cannot see any evidence that they did.

Will now fly and see what happens next.

Maxg

What I have said above about what was done was based on the HH worksheet. The inference I made was that they had mended my heli.

However I went to fly it last night and found that what I had was what I think is a new heli. The first clue was that the piece of velcro which was part of the battery retention was not present and there was no evidence that some had ever been there, ie no sign of sticky which removal of the sticky velcro would likely have left. I then went looking for a crack in a strut on the chassis that I knew was there. No sign of it so either it is a new chassis fitted which they didn't mention or it is a new heli. I incline towards the latter.

There work sheet says it was test flown after repair, I wonder what that revealed that got me the new copter? Just intrigued.

I am still very happy with the replacement which I managed to fly OK.

Well done HH

Maxg