Renewal of my RCME

Eddy De Graeve

Advert

• 2 months later...

I have been buying RCM&E regularly since 1971. I have had a print only subscription for some years now. You removed the access to the digital archive for print-only customers some time back now. Due to the issue of storing all my back copies I was considering changing my subscription to digital only. However, on phoning up I was informed that if I did this I would not have access to the digital archive, only copies from when my subscription started. However, if I had print plus digital subscription I could get access.

This seems pretty unreasonable seeing as I have been a print subscriber for years! Seems rather like a sales ploy to me. Why have a digital archive if you have to have a print copy to access back numbers?? I have bought all the back print copies so why couldn't I access them with a digital-only subscription?

Perhaps I was mis-informed?

Perhaps you were, David. Looking at this page it seems that the Online Archive is available to digital subscribers. However, could it be that the subs person meant that you would only be able to download and keep copies of those issues published since the start of your subscription?

I'll mention this to Beth, our subs guru...

Pete

Pete,

I only mention it on here as the person I was speaking to was emphatic on this point. I queried what he was saying a couple of times but he was very clear that if I changed to digital only I wouldn't be able to access the digital archive for mags before the date of my new subscription. Hence, I didn't sign up.

However, if this is not the case the sales team need to be made aware or otherwise it will put people off I would imagine. I will wait for Beth's input on the issue.

Hi Dave,

You are right, you can access the Online Archive if you purchase a digital subscription directly through us. The only scenario in which you would not have access to the archive would be if you are a print subscriber, or if the subscription is bought through third party (e.g. Directly through Apple or Google Play).
Perhaps there was a miscommunication with the information given, but in any case, the subscriptions team have been made aware.
I hope this helps!
Beth

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by Matthew Constantine on 30/01/2016 12:37:33:

Hi can someone help please I've had a print subscription and have just today added digital, but when i go to the magazine part of the site it is still saying I've only got print.

Hi Matthew,

If you've only taken out a digi sub today (Saturday) it may be that you'll have to wait until at least Monday for it to be activated - most folk still like their weekends off.....smile

Pete