PSS wing rib profiles

Flyer

Posted by Andy Meade on 30/10/2015 09:28:24:

Good on ya yes That's a pretty good size - will be impressive!

Are you including the strake flaps on the back of the fuselage? I saw a depron build yesterday on RCGroups that used them.

At the scale I'm thinking, I should be able to get most of the full size features on it. If it does'nt work, I can go back to the drawing board. I am looking to extend my knowledge by a 'hands on approach'. Certainly better time spent than watching 'quality television' most evenings.....

Well, plan arrived today; just spent an hour drooling over it (must remember to put plastic over said plan!).

I am considering using the canard properly, anyone successfully used a canard? And if so, what sort of movement do I need to consider?

I'll sort a build blog up in due course (SWMBO has A4 list for me to complete first), and my mancave needs to be prepared. Also, trip to local model emporium needed to obtain necessary balsa. Is it a good idea to provide for ballast? I will be using mini servos rather than the plan version, any other pointers gratefully received.

Cheers

Adrian