Do 'high wingers' make good PSS subjects?

Flyer

To revisit this post; scale will be 1/12th, fully built up wing, so I'mn hope for around 8kg max (including all the fun stuff).

Basic wing span should be in the region of 3.3m by 2.22m long.

Getting drawings sorted now, with a view to commencing construction early February. Possibly aiming for September 2017, but I will not guarantee that!

Off to sharpen me pencils (still a Cad Virgin).

smile p

Ade

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by Andy Meade on 06/12/2016 10:47:24:

Just re-reading this thread. My guesstimate of 20lbs for te C17 is now laughably low. 30lb is more like the end weight, as without finishing materials, electronics, or a lot of planking on the nose, she is currently sitting at 21lbs.

Every build is a roller coaster ride!

Plenty of wing area though Andy, should have great presence. wink

Posted by Andy Meade on 06/12/2016 11:12:25:

I hope so! Just over 2000 sq. inches of area, and hopefully (maybe?) less draggy than the A10 too.

How has your drawing been going?

Slowly, although my lad using Solid works now in Uni; so have given him a few things to 'cad-up'. Will have working drawings done between xmas and new year with a bit of luck, and hopefully Santa's going to drop off a few pallets of lite-ply and balsa....... laugh Doing sketches between rubbing down the A4.......

Posted by Andy Meade on 06/12/2016 11:20:55:

Great to hear of some progress yes We're always here if you need a hand, so don't be afraid to ask!

Thanks Andy; I will have a list as long as your arm once I've sussed the constructional drawings, as I need to satisfy myself that the structure will be adequate, and I know a few of you have lots of experience in that.

Cheers

Ade