HobbyKing Gift Certificate Vouchers

Whilst I think that gift ceritficate vouchers are a great item on the HobbyKing website, you have to be aware of some limitations if buying/receiving more than one.

Currently they are only available in $50 units (circa £33 at todays rate).

As stated on their site, if you buy more than one gift voucher per transaction, they will be grouped into a single code. So for example 4x vouchers = $200 and 1 code emailed to you within 24 hours.

Once received, you can then contact HobbyKing via their online chat to request that they split the 4 vouchers into separate codes (but only if you are the original purchaser).

If family or friends might gift you a number of codes to you in the future, please be aware of the following limitations.

• You can only use one single code at checkout, multiple codes cannot currently be accepted.
  • Once codes have been split, HobbyKing will not merge multiple codes back into a single code.

I recently fell fowl to these limitations during Christmas when I received 3 codes, which means that I will need to make 3 orders, all with their own postage costs (vouchers do not cover postage).

Despite a negative customer experience, it was still nice to receive the vouchers wink

Advert

I read the same tip in the discussion thread for the vouchers Simon and I thought it would work for me too.

Unfortunately when you click through to buy points (login > orders > click on points > buy points), you cannot add a HobbyKing discount code at the checkout, only a PayPal code.

Unless there is a different method to buy points?

One post said to order items on 'back order', then cancel the order so that the payment will be credited to your points. Not sure if this would work or not.

Edited By Allan Bowker on 05/01/2016 12:31:54

Took 2 calls (Well chats) to get my order separated, told me it couldn't be done initially in spite of it being on their website. And once split you can only use 1 per order, not good.

I'll never buy them again, well not until you get a code for each single one you buy and can combine them at checkout.

Andy