sliding cockpit canopies

Mike Webster

I recently acquired a very nice traditionally built Tony Nijhuis Hurricane model with many clever details and features. In particular, it has an extremely neat opening cockpit using plastic slider square "C"channel and "girder" slider slotted into it.

I now wish to replicate this on another model but cannot find a supplier of the plastic sections.

Anyone know a supplier please?

Advert

Thanks Percy and Denis for very prompt responses.

I checked Mick Reeves web site and it has a solution but not exactly what I seek, The Plastruct however is looking very hopeful and I have located the UK distributer. It seems they do not have a bespoke system but they do have two sections that I can probably adapt.

The "Girder section seemingly exists and a square tube also exists that I believe I can mill a slot into one one face that will then retain but allow the girder section to slide?

Unless someone knows a finished off the shelf item, I am happy to adapt the Plastruct in a suitable size so I am very grateful for the helpful feedback.

I will leave my post live until I have successfully completed my challenge but feel that Denis has probably led me to a very acceptable solution,

Thanks Both

Mike

Mike - if you check out Danny Fenton's Chipmunk thread you'll find photo's showing how he does it using an aluminium tube with a slot cut into it (a jig is involved) and a piece of the 'girder' section slid into it. I am planning on doing my Chippy that way once I get back onto the build.

Fats