Multiplex twister

jez

flying a twister now for few months ,35mhz  using pheonix 45 and ev025 3300ma lipo , flies great for 2-3 mins flat out and then starts glitching when turning ! if i back off the power seems to go away in the turn ,then accelarating again  but no glitching in straight flight or loops etc have checked servos etc and all well , has any body having probs have tried all the usual, ferrite rings etc ,     2.4 ghz?

Advert

thanks guys strange how it flies so well for couple of mins with no prob then off it goes you can neary set a clock to it ??  paul yes have extended batt wires to front , trying to keep esc as far away from rec as poss might have a re wire and try againjez

My Twister has a glitch on the left aileron but I have tracked it down as a faulty transmitter problem and need to send it back (this is 2.4 Ghz!!!),  strangely you don't notice it in flight, possibly because it glitches repeatedly just before going to full travel, and then its OK, annoying though on glitch free 2.4 Ghz

Have upgraded to 4s1p 2600mAh but blew the stock motor after 9 - 12 flights, apparently I had a good low impedance battery  Upgraded to Wemotec fan and Typhoon 2w-20 motor and Tornado opto 60A ESC and I now have a glitch on the throttle channel. Again I suspect the TX as it does the same on another model (Overtec Tucano) which I also converted to 4S.

Again its perfectly fly-able but just irritating that the motor pitch warbles now and again at certain low throttle settings. Still 600W on a 1 kg EDF is pretty exciting, 5 minute flight times with throttle management, 20% left in the battery (slightly warm to hot)

Hopefully when I get home (on business in Korea at the moment) I'll get a chance to send the TX back for repair. Any how to answer your question, upgrade to 2.4 Ghz, and hope your TX don't break

well took the plunge this week and purchased a ff7 2.4 ghz !!!!!!!!!!!! and installed in to the twister and ............. she flew flawlessly for 6 mins flat out with not a glitch in sight ! so have converted gemini also, just wish the recivers were a bit cheaper need 5 more now but worth the extra cost for peace of mind .thanks all for advice  jez the happy flier !!!!