Sid King Novice

Dai Fledermaus

Sid King recently updated his popular Novice design with the plan published for electric power in R/C Model World in April last year. The new design also included an Aileron wing if required.

Interesting then that Ben Buckle seems to have deleted it from their range of trainer kits. Still in stock with some online retailers though I see.

Advert

BB probably dropped it because Traplet now supply cut parts for the Novice E.   Not as expensive as many other sets at 31.99.   You still need  balsa & fittings etc though as well as purchasing a plan.   Though anyone without the plan should consider getting the back issue of the magazine complete with plan for 4.30.

Edited By kc on 15/03/2016 11:25:06

• 2 months later...

It's a shame that Colin Buckle has stopped doing the Novice, looking at the (updated) Traplet plan, it's horrible and bares no resemblance to the original Novice at all. I learnt to fly on the Novice 37 years ago, I built a Ben Buckle kitted version with my daughter 5 years ago and was hoping to build another but this time with an electric set up.

In this month's edition of RC World, there's a mention of Sid King's latest Novice. Looking much more like the original version, it's fitted with a 2822/14, 1400KV 2200 battery. All up weight of 1lb 11oz directly comparable to the diesel original. It goes on to say that it's built from a plan and " bits from Colin Buckle"