Selling a few unused vintage items

Ian Allen 4

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

Thanks Percy.

No bids on the Pilot Hawker Hurricane yet and the Pilot Akromaster I sold previously didn't go for quite as much as I'd hoped. It was my understanding that the old Pilot kits were highly prized, am I wrong? Certainly, to my admittedly untrained eye, they look of higher quality construction than the others.

The Pilot kits are indeed excellent, if rather heavy -Pilot never used one piece of wood where twelve would do the job.. That's a very good starting price, and they are sought after, but a Pilot Hurricane kit has cropped up maybe five or six times in the past few months, from the same seller, with a silly starting price and didn't sell for ages. I have one part built, and sold an unstarted kit several years ago, of the Hurricane - that has since come up on eBay for a lot more than I sold it for. Also have their Zero which is in electric conversion and an unstarted Spitfire II kit. Nice kits - hope that you get a decent price at auction.

Well that's my second round of auctions done and dusted, a bit of a mixed bag of results from my perspective, such is often the way of these things.

The most interesting thing was the winning bidder of the Peacock Miss Tangerine being Ian Peacock himself! DB Sport & Scale came close to winning the DB Tarka from my previous listings. Fancy my humble auctions being graced by all this aeromodelling royalty!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...