AXN on the ORME

alan howells 1

Probably should put this elsewhere on a different section but I am still a novice.

Out on the great orme yesterday morning quite early oh poo east wind and quite strong so no chucking the axn off the slopes so used the open ground at the top of the tank tracks. All did not go well at first as I had taped a carbon spar to the tail after last week landing where I had bent the tail but not creased it.First two flights no real elevator response and wouldn,t climb. Landed scratched head and thought the ends of the tail look to be pointing down and maybe acting as down elevator. Removed spar put the tape on the top surface of tail and then added 100 gms of ballast as wind was getting quite strong. Flew like a dream up and away down wind turns were a bit scary and shutting motor at height was able to glide around for quite a while smooth lift but a bit windy. However the AXN will handle some wind try again next week when work lets me and the good lady fills gives her permission....

Advert